Your nails are the reflection of your internal health. Taking care of fingers and toes is and consulting a qualified dermatologist when needed, can prove beneficial for improving the fingernail health and shielding your entire health as well.
Following the below given tips may assure healthy and shiny fingernails
- The key to fingernails’ health is their cleanliness and dryness. So, keep the nails clean and dry always to maintain their health.
- If you bite your nails, abandon the habit immediately as this spreads infection causing bacteria between your mouth and finger. It also destroys the skin round the nails by letting bacteria get inside.
- Cut your finger and toe nails straight across and a bit curved at the center. This will help keeping the nails stronger and avoiding ingrown nails.
- Always sport footwear that is fit and also avoid self-medication to treat ingrown toenails.
- Be conscious about the sanitization procedures at the salon where you get manicure and pedicure. Assure that tools and surface are well fumigated and technicians wash their hands properly while starting manicure, pedicure. This will help reducing the risk of getting fungal infection.
- Consume biotin supplements regularly. This will make your nails healthy and strong.
- Water is the natural foe of your nails; it turns the nails soft and brittle, so prevent direct contact with water as much as it’s possible. Wear gloves while working in water or doing cleansing or scrubbing. Gloves will protect your nails from getting damaged due to water and harsh cleansing and scrubbing agents.
- If your skin gets allergic to any nail product, stop the use of that product immediately and visit a qualified dermatologist as soon as possible.
- While getting manicure, don’t cut the cuticles since it will increase the odds of fungal or bacterial infection. Cuticles act as the natural barrier against the infection causing organisms, so, if they are cut down the harmful organisms enter your skin and cause infections.