First, let me say that you don’t have to exercise when you fallow the Woman’s Advantage Diet. You will lose weight without exercise. Then let me add that if you do exercise , you will lose body weight faster, because exercise burns up body fat. I can’t tell you exactly how many more pounds you will lose, because that depends on how frequently you exercise and the type of exercise you do. However, I can tell you that you will lose anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent more weight during each cycle if you combine the diet with exercise.
Why You Should Volunteer
Exercise is strictly a volunteer activity when you’re on the Woman’s Advantage Diet, but you should opt to do it because:
- As I’ve said, exercise burns up body fat, and you’ll lose weight faster.
- Moderate exercise can decrease the appetite.
- Exercise can lessen food cravings.
- Exercise affects metabolism and will help you keep weight off after you’ve lose it.
- Exercise will make you look better as flab is replaced by muscles and connective tissue.
- Exercise reduces stress and worry, and this helps eliminate anxiety induced eating.
- Exercise makes you feel better about yourself, and it will help you stop looking to food for comfort.
- Exercise is great for the cardiovascular system.
- Exercise can lower cholesterol.
- Exercise is a great shield against osteoporosis.
Exercise And Your Premenstrual Phase
You will find exercise most beneficial to your weight loss efforts during the premenstrual phase of your cycle. If you plan to do a limited amount of exercising, I strongly recommend that you do it during this phase. Exercise at this time works in conjunction with your natural hormones to help you shed pounds even faster.
Exercise will also help rid you of PMS symptoms. You’ll see that food cravings, angers and irritations will lessen, and aches and pains will disappear even more quickly when you combine exercise with the Woman’s Advantage Diet.
When I describe the marvelous results of diet and exercise during the premenstrual phase, I’m frequently asked to recommend “the best exercise” for this phase.
There is no best exercise! All exercise works equally well at this time. You can walk, do calisthenics, swim, jog—whatever you prefer.
Any exercise will help you lose weight, and the good news is that the exercise doesn’t have to be strenuous. Walking twenty minutes each day during the premenstrual phase will improve weight loss just as much as a fast game of racquetball. The important thing is to emphasize exercise during you premenstrual phase.
I don’t see how you can resist exercising during your premenstrual phase when you know it will rid you of weight and many of the troubling symptoms of PMS as well.