As we have discussed earlier that sometimes the reason behind sudden irritation and development of rashes may be jewelry allergies. The allergies are triggered after the skin suffers any trauma, such as piercing therefore it is wise to reconsider your decision to get your ear or any other area pierced, especially if your skin is prone to allergies.
The main culprit in the jewelry allergies is nickel, however, other metal also bring out allergies in some people. Most people are allergic to nickel. It’s mainly found in some inexpensive brands. Some people are also allergic to copper and steel. Usually, gold doesn’t trigger allergic reaction but if any case gold causes allergy, it goes for long than the nickel-caused allergies.
Sometimes it happens that people suddenly become allergic to the jewelry they are wearing for many years. Though no exact cause of development of such sudden allergy is known, but it is a fact that once allergic reactions start appearing they live with the person till death.
The allergic reactions make the selection of jewelry and warning new metals a bit hard. It is wise to don the metal about which you are sure that it won’t cause allergy and if you are trying a new metal, be careful and regularly inspect your body to monitor symptoms of allergy. The symptoms of jewelry allergies are itching, inflammation, soreness and redness. If you suffer any of these warning signs, remove the jewelry immediately. If the inflammation persists even after 3-4 hour of wearing-off the jewelry, consult a medical expert soon.